“VIA SACRA ETRUSCA” is a project (FEISCT associated) originates in 2018 from an idea of:
- Prof. Gianfranco Bracci (writer, environmental guide)
In collaboration with:
- Diego Vichi (archaeologist)
- Sandro Frascarelli (Instructor of Nordic Hiking)
The project originates from the territories of: Volterra (PI), Casole d’Elsa (SI), Colle di Val d’Elsa (SI), Monteriggioni (SI) and Sovicille (SI).
These territories alternates urban areas and hilly areas of naturalistic and historical interest. The “Montagnola Senese”, the “Val di Merse” and the natural reserve of “Berignone Forest” are evidences of an environment that has remained intact over time, as well as the other archaeological evidences who testify to the great historical importance of these places.
The aim of this ambitious project can be summarized in:
- rediscover and promote the knowledge of archaeological heritage along the way
- promote the slow tourism through events and with trekking and historical/cultural walks
- Installation of a common directional signage which make a route an “ homogeneus package“
- Collaboration with local association, museums, school, to complete the tourist offer
- Development of a guide
- Extension of the route towards Monteroni d’Arbia, Murlo, Buonconvento and Chiusi toward the final goals: Orvieto and Bolsena